REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Of all the gifts of God.....

My family, about 4 years back. Me, Jerm and Russ are eagles
Next to the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, there is a blessing that God has given us that is central to bringing us happiness in this life, and in the life to come; that is of family.  Families are the most central structure that God has given and placed us in here in life.  Families are a place where love can be found, where I have come to see a closeness no matter what we may be in, and a bond that extends further than words could scribe or tell.  I am so grateful for my family; and I have come to see more and more, as I have grown, how much of a blessing they truly are to me. "The family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.".....
God did not simply put us here on a whim, or place families and the creation of life accidentally between a man and a woman. President Packer at conference just last weekend, spoke very powerfully on the family and the blessings that it is from God.  He tells of how "15 years ago, with the world in turmoil, the First Presidency and Quorum of Twelve Apostles, issued 'the Family: A Proclamation to the World'... it qualifies as, according to definition, as revelation...".  Check out this, and read it, for it truly is revelation from God through His called prophets, seers and revelators.  [then] "Are those life giving powers released to the full expression of love.  It is to be shared only and solely between man and woman, husband and wife, with that one who is our companion forever."  "To be entrusted with the power to create life carries with it the greatest of joys and dangerous temptations."  We are all children of God, each and everyone of us, and absolutely none of us are to judge others, but rather we must follow the commandments given by our Savior when He was asked what are the two greatest commandments; to love the Lord our God with all our heart, and to love our fellow man.  He did not tell to just love some, or those who keep some commandments or put any qualifications on the love that we must give, but rather the love to cover all of our Heavenly Father's children whom are upon the earth. I believe that we must love all, yet that does not mean that we agree with ALL that they do.  We have been given our agency, and all too often many choose to go against what God has taught and commanded.  It is at that point that we must remember 2 things, the commandment from Christ, to love ALL of our fellow man, and the timeless advice to "hate the sin, not the sinner".  Growing up and even now, there have been and are people who I know or are around me who go against what I know to be the things that God's plan and what we need to do, but I still will love that person.  Loving someone does not mean that you need to change your own personal testimony, or what you know God wants you to do.  We yet need to be in support of our beliefs and follow those, but to love others regardless of their choices all the same.  "It is intended that we may be happy, for men are they that they might have joy'." I have found that joy in my life by follow my Heavenly Father and His eternal plan for me, and I will continue to do so throughout my life.  In a changing and chaotic world, we must remember, that change does not alter the plans of God; "History demonstrates over and over again, that moral standards cannot be changed by battle, and cannot be changed by ballot." God has not left us without guidance or without help and support from Him, for "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13). 
The Seattle Temple, where we can be married for eternity
 I am so grateful to have my family, and the blessings they bring to my life.  And I am so excited, beyond expression, to be able to have my own family, and to be with the love of my life for all of eternity, through the sealing power of the priesthood and being married in the temple, the house of the Lord.  Family is a gift from God, and one that can help the gospel and Spirit to emanate from the places in which we reside, and to come ever closer to our Father in Heaven; to share His love with those whom He has given us.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elder Albright,

    What a great post! I really enjoyed reading it. Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pic with all the merit badges. Scouts taught me a ton that I'll use for my own family someday.

    ReplyDelete