REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Do you realize who you are?...

"Jalike our own spirit tell us inside, God's Spirit tell us we God's kids.  Cuz us guys God's kids, dat mean, we goin, get all da good kine stuff God going give his kids, cus he our Fadda.  Jalike da Fadda give everything he get to Christ, his Boy, an dass how he goin make to us guys, same time we give um to Christ.  Ony one ting: Us guys gotta suffa jalike Christ wen suffa, so den bumbye, God make us come awesome jalike he wen make Christ come awesome." (Romans 8:16-17, *Da Jesus Book).  "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." (verse 16, KJV) I want you to really grasp that, and think of right now, that you are a child of God!  There is a divine heritage within each and every one of us regardless of anything in our lives, we each are a son or daughter of our loving Father in Heaven.  Growing up in the church, that thought was something that was taught and instilled in me from a very young age, as before I could read or many other things, I knew the words to one of my favorite primary (children's group at church) songs entitled, 'I am a Child of God'.....

Really, there is so much within that song that teaches simply the divine relationship that we all share with God.  God is more than the "ultimate power of the universe" (you can say it with kind of a power voice, like it would in a Disney movie), but that He is our Father, and loves each and everyone of us.  There is not a single person on the earth whom God does not love, not a single one.  Through anything we may do, God still loves us, and is there to help us to come closer to Him, and to receive the blessings He desires for us through the gospel.  He is there through thick and thin, to lift us up when we fall, and to give us that strength in the hardest of times.  Note that God is there when we have those trials, and that is because, life isn't perfect, and all of us will have difficult times; but in the worst of times, God is there, and has His arm stretched forth to us waiting for us to reach out to Him.  I know that God is my Heavenly Father, and I am a child of God.  Read these words to "I am a Child of God";

I Am a Child of God


I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
Chorus

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
Chorus

Jeremy, Märia, me; Seattle Temple '94

Now when times get tough, or you feel that there is no hope and are alone, I want you to remember those few words that contain more power than most in the words of man, "I am a child of God".  He loves us, of this I truly testify and is one of the greatest reasons as to why I am here on a mission, to help others to learn firstly of Him and His love, and of how we can come closer to Him through following the commandments He has given. haha, I said of how that song was one of my favorites growing up, I found a picture from when I was close to that young age when I learned the song. In it are 2 of my older siblings my brother Jeremy (who is 4 years older than I am), and my sister Märia (who is 7 years older than me), and in case you were wondering, I am the one with the glasses haha.  I want you to remember who you are; that you are a child of God! Do not let anyone ever convince you otherwise or make you think less of who you are, because you have a divine heritage within you.



No comments:

Post a Comment