REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Daily Choice...

Elder Sorensen and me, with "authorities"
There are choices that always arise in our lives, and so often, there are the choices that fall daily to our picking.  Being here as a missionary, gives unique options that I am able to have.  As missionaries, you will usually think of the epitome of Mormon missionaries, being in a suit, white shirt, and tie; and that is what consists of my basic daily wardrobe.  Although there is one part of the apparel that is how missionaries can choose more so in what they wear, in what tie you put on in the morning! It is funny, because for missionaries, ties are one of the pride and joys that you have, and in having your own style for it. Before my mission I didn't realize how many options there were, or so many different types of ties to choose from.  Its crazy, you have silk or polyester, thick or thin, bright or dark, length and knots used, and the good 'ol paisley ties.  And what else, I have never owned more ties than I have here.  I think the most I have been up to in owning is around 60, ya, I have a few haha. Some of the old school polyesters are really thick, and you can tell how much "authority" the tie has by holding it out (see the picture)...

Me, Elder Pearson, and Elder Baird, sporting some paisleys 
Old School Style =)
Ties are one of the choices that come up daily for me as a missionary, and a thing that surprisingly takes a bit of decision making. And what is pretty funny, is that here in the RC we got pretty much the coolest ties that I think LDS missionaries could ever have, Joe Smith Homie ties!!! (haha well its actually homme which means man in French, but hey, homie is awesome too!)!! Ties are the choices that all missionaries get to make each and every day while here serving the Lord.
Tag on a Joe Smith tie, the perfect missionary tie

No comments:

Post a Comment