REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Monday, October 25, 2010

Who's with me?!?...

Two thumbs WAY up!!!
Sundays have got to be pretty much the best day of the week, I'm going to say hands down for that one, and two thumbs WAY up! It's funny, because whenever I think of that saying, "two thumbs WAY up," it reminds me of when I was younger and watched Disney's Hercules and Hades says that and his thumbs have flames (thus why I have a picture of that on this post haha). Sundays are so great, because there are so many blessings that God has set aside for us on that day.  Look back to the Creation, God made the earth, then on the 7th day He rested; how great is it that we too get to have that rest on the Sabbath (although as a Missionary, I still get to teach the gospel and everything on Sunday, hooray!!)...
 Then we get to go to church on Sunday, which is always amazing!! Last Sunday was especially sweet, Elder Edmons and I got to start going to the ASL ward, which was super great, and there are a lot of awesome members there.  Church literally is that boost at the beginning of the week, wherein we get to recharge our "spiritual battery".  I know, thats another thing that is an old cliché, but it is so true.  I have seen times when for various reasons I was unable to attend church, and compared it to the many times that I have gone, and I can see and feel a difference in my whole week, and being able to be more in tune with the Spirit. Getting to go to church and be around others who believe the same things as I do, and to fellowship and feel of the support, love, and faith of all those who are striving to follow our Father in Heaven.  Being able to see that just as each of us has trials and hardships that we go through, others do as well; and together we have support and can work together in doing all we can to follow God.  One thing I learned from a companion I had, Elder Spencer, is that the church isn't a showcase for saints, its a hospital for sinners.  And one of the greatest covanants we can make with God, we are able to renew at church in partaking of the sacrament.  When we are baptized, we covenants with our Heavenly Father, to take upon us the name of Jesus Christ, to always remember Him and keep His commandments; and we are washed clean of sin along with God promising us that we can have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion.  None of us are perfect, but rather that is goal that we are working towards, and we are in need of constant change in our lives to align them with the plan God has for us; and in partaking of the sacrament, we can again renew those promises and be made clean of sin.  That is one of the greatest blessings that we weekly can have, and in helping us to trust in and rely on our Father in Heaven.  I am so grateful to get to go to church, feel the Spirit there, and come closer to our Heavenly Father.
See I told you; flames, thumbs, 2, straight up
If you have been thinking about it and haven't gone before, think about going to church, I know you will love it.  Here is a way to locate the closest church to you, and this is a link to a short cartoon video that explains a little of what church services are like in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment