REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Friday, April 22, 2011

***Testimony Thursday!!!***

This is from a way sweet girl, Jacky, that was baptized last year!  She is stellar!!



You know that feeling when you've been staring at a math problem for hours on end? Completely stuck on one step? Not moving forward towards the answer, but not wanting to give up quite yet despite the feeling that you want to slam the book shut and toss it out the window? That's been my relationship with Heavenly Father for as long as I can remember. I know its there. I can almost grasp the concept, but I'm missing one tiny piece of the puzzle. Despite the size of the last missing piece, it's the most important and integral part to the answer. Without that, you're not quite complete. You're not quite finished. I've spent my entire life starting blankly at a page that has all of the work done until the very last part. I wanted so badly to give up but something kept gnawing at my soul. I knew that I wasn't complete without that last teeny tiny piece of myself.
               
Then, I found it. Well, really, the piece found me. That piece was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A small part in the beginning but once it was put snuggly into place, it grew outwards and attached itself to the rest of my soul. I received the Book of Mormon from a Missionary and read it. And after that, I started having some of the most important discussions of my life with some of the most amazing men and women that I had ever come across. I felt myself growing. Flourishing really. Flourishing in my faith.
               
One of the leaders of the Church says that your Testimony is a growing thing. You have to nurture it daily with love, respect, and plenty of food in order for it to grow. These last months have been dedicated to nourishing my Testimony. In one of the most turbulent, challenging and uncertain times of my entire life, I've found refuge in the words of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Prophets and the other leaders. I've found comfort in the words of Joseph Smith and his revelations. I've found refuge in the words given to us by Christ and Heavenly Father in the form of the Bible and Book of Mormon. Even in my angriest moments, I've felt the tug towards my Scriptures and prayer to keep strong. Despite my confusion at the loss of an innocent boy's life to suicide, I found solace in the words that Heavenly Father has given us. Despite the fear of not finding my partner for eternity, I have found answers in the words of the Prophets and teachers. Even in the words of the doubters and criticizing people I have found strength because I know how special my Testimony is to me.
               
Without a doubt, I know this Church is true. The Book of Mormon was directly given to us from Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith was the Prophet on this Earth that was entrusted to restore the Gospel and that Gospel has truly been restored. We have a Prophet here on this earth this very moment and his name is Thomas S. Monson. There is a plan of salvation for you and for me. Jesus Christ died in order for that plan to come true. He knows me by name. He knows you by name. He knows the person who hates him the most by his name and he loves them just as much as he loves me. I can do anything and everything with Heavenly Father's help and I finally have that missing puzzle piece that has completed my entire soul. I am so very thankful for the Atonement and Heavenly Father's infinite love for all of his children.
               
I say each and every single word in the name of the everlasting and holy name of Jesus Christ, the one who gave his life for me.

                Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment