REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Friday, April 15, 2011

Testimony Thursday!!

This is from Shanon, an awesome convert from England!:


 It was Monday 9th November 2009 and my sister Charlotte dared me to call the Leeds 3 missionaries and talk about irrelevant things, so i did and Elder Thorpe invited me to go along to a family home evening, so I quickly got ready to go, had to rush round. I really didn't want to go but I thought I would give it ago when the lesson started it was amazing I really enjoyed it. I prayed that I would get an answer that the book of Mormon was true and that Joseph smith was a prophet who restored the book of Mormon. After nearly no time of thinking it was stupid I started to believe it. Then I find myself wanting to know and learn more. I went to two more family home evenings, one on Tuesday and one on Friday, then the missionaries came to our house on Saturday. 
I went to church on Sunday 15th November 2009 for the first time, I really didn’t like it but I thought I would give it another go because it was only my first time and I didn’t know anyone. So the following week I went back, I enjoyed the sacrament meeting and the gospel and principles lesson but didn’t like relief society. The week after we went to steak conference and I thought it was really boring I didn’t like it, after weeks of meetings and going to the fireside we decided to make a baptism plan, I think that the first dates we set was too early so we changed the dates. I really enjoy going to church and learning new things. I don’t like it when I am in young women’s they don’t talk to me and they play games and things, I don’t like playing games I just like to learn. I spoke with many missionaries on mormon.org who helped me to understand many things and who answered alot of my questions, they were more help than my actual missionaries in my area.
On Saturday 19th December we went to Preston England temple it was lovely, while I was there I really felt something special an urge to come back and I was really excited even though I couldn’t go inside the temple, the time I spent there was incredible. I am so looking forward to been able to go back and getting baptized for the dead, giving someone the chance of accepting god and knowing you was a part of it is something really special to know you have helped them. Whilst at the temple we went for a walk round the grounds, We noticed the symbols on the side of the temple the sun, the moon, a star ect, symbols like for the different kingdoms. 
The 24th December was the big day of the baptism. it was such a good day, we had Elder Thorup, Elder Combs, Skot (my best friend) and Rachel round for dinner and gave them Christmas presents, we had a lovely time. 
6pm came and we was at church ready in the white suits ready to be baptized, scared at the time and I didn’t want to go through with it because I didn’t want many people to be there, but I thought I had to do what is right so I’m going to do it and just forget about the people outside the baptism font and focus on why I am doing it. So I got baptized, the first time I didn’t go under properly so I had to go under again and went under properly this time, then the following Sunday (27th) we got confirmed in the church and I quite enjoyed church then later on we met with our missionaries who taught us about spiritual marriage and about missionary work. 

Going through the church from when we first investigated to now I have learnt many new things. I have seen changes in my life, and I can see the ups and downs in my life, from the times where I was fully obedient to the times when I may have gone a few days without reading or praying. I am grateful that I have been able to go to the temple and participate in baptisms for the dead, I am grateful for my patriarchal blessing which has helped me in my life and will help me in years to come. finishing young women's personal progress has helped me in lots of different ways. 

I know this church is true, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet who restored the book of Mormon, I know that Thomas S Monson is the living prophet of today. I have been through many trials and prayed many times and many things have come true. It's not easy in my family to stay faithful as they are all against it, but I do my best to stay true and faithful, my patriarchal blessing has helped me out. when leaving for the circus I received a blessing for comfort, I have seen things come true in that blessing since I have left to go to the circus. I know truly with all my heart that these things are true, and I say these things in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment