REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The way it's been done, and then how we do it...

Missionaries on Bikes =) haha

You are probably familiar with Mormon missionaries at least to some degree.  You know, those 2 young men, clean cut, walking around or riding bicycles, then with the tags that set them apart.  In other countries are often mistaken for some kind of government employees.  They knock on doors and offer to share a message about Jesus Christ that could change your life.  Now don't get me wrong, I am here teaching about the restored gospel and about Jesus Christ, yet I don't walk around (too much), don't ride bikes, and don't knock on people's doors.  So then, if I don't fit under the epitome of Mormon missionaries, what do I do?...

    That is a question that I end up explaining to a LOT of people.  With Mormon missionaries, there are roughly 52,000 around the world at any given time, with that number growing as well.  And yet, I don't do the work in the same was as those others of thousands, but rather am in a mission that is pioneering in every way, and only 11 other missionaries do what I do, and that makes up the dozen of us here. 
I actually get to teach people solely by the means of technology; through the internet, email, chats, Skype, phones, you name it and I use it.  Through Mormon.org there is a chat function to chat live, those chats come to the 12 of us here serving full-time in the Referral Center Mission (more like the World Cyber Mission, but I didn't get to pick the name haha).  From there we help to answer questions, interests or concerns that people have, and can set up return times to talk more so as to help them to learn more about Christ's restored gospel, and the eternal plan of Happiness that God has for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment