REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I never would have thought....

Uncle Tommy & my Dad
As you know, I am here as a missionary, to get to teach others about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  Growing up there were times that I saw people that were "labeled" as those that wouldn't ever be religious or had no interest in learning or nor following the gospel.  My dad is a convert to the church, and none of his family joined with him, and so as I grew up, I always thought that none of them would ever receive the gospel.  But how wrong that was.  This gospel is not just meant for some, its not just a good story; it is the...
TRUTH!
 Upon being here, as being able to, and only teaching by means of the internet and phones, I was able to call and talk to my Uncle Tommy about the church, and about the gospel.  And so for the past couple of months now, I have been able to talk to him, and teach him, get to catch up, and help him to learn about the gospel, and to know for himself.  And while learning, he felt of that truth for himself, and saw more fully the plan that God has for us, and he was baptized last Saturday!  It was way amazing, I only wish I could have been there for it as well.

Elder Snow, my Dad, Uncle Tommy, Elder Brandon
      My dad got to fly there, and baptize him, and to be there for him in that.  I won't ever question again whether or not the gospel is "meant" for an individual, because the gospel is meant for everyone, and it has the blessings that God wants for all of His children.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that! Congratulations. You don't expect to be teaching family members when you go on a full time missionary. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete